Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Will A Card Make it Better?

Or do you want roses?  Cookies?  I've been neglecting our relationship... I know.  You're not surprised, are you?  So lets start fresh... until I get overwhelmed around Christmas time and neglect you again!

Good Morning!

Thanks for visiting today!

Let's do a quick catch-up, shall we?

Penelope Lane Boutique was A-MAZ-ING!  So many excited, fun, sweet shoppers, getting to see my girl, Crystal, From The Lil' Cupcake, purchasing a tee pee for Lil' A from Bubba's Basics and stopping on the way home at Cheesecake Factory with a happy glow made brighter with the "Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake".

I also had the California Utah Woman's Conference this past Saturday.  It was my first time and I loved walking around the HUGE boutique, seeing all of the amazing products from such a wide variety of vendors.  I was also fortunate to be next to 2 sweet and friendly vendors, which always makes the boutique more enjoyable.

There's been lots of life stuff in between each of these boutiques, lots of projects, a fun new garland, Disney Day and more, that I'll be sharing soon!

But today, I wanted to share a fun, Birthday card I made using a sketch from the Silhouette Blog and my Silhouette Cameo.



and here's the sketch...

 
You can find the entire post here.
 
But let's break down the card I made.  I completely formatted my card with my Silhouette Studio program, which makes it easy for me to know that all of my elements will fit exactly where and how I want them!
 
 
I wanted the card to have a lot of dimension, so I embossed my matted piece of blue card stock before adhering it to my bass.  Instead of using plain squares, I grabbed some of my birthday "Polaroid" files.  I didn't want my Polaroids to be blank, so I formatted hearts and clouds to fit in each.


I used a postage file for my banner and ticket.  I turned my files into print and cut files, printed the celebrate, happy birthday and candle before I cut them with my Cameo.  I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I added some dimension with crystal lacquer and sparkle with my glittery Stickles.  Every piece is popped up with foam double sided adhesive.


I saved this card for future projects - it would sure be easy to turn it into a holiday card, wedding card, anything really...

So I hope we've made up, I'm going to do my best to post regularly, but this is the crazy time of the year and I can't make any promises... because we all know I'll probably break them!

Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment