Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stella's Garden

I know, it's been FOREVER since I last blogged... but I have a great reason and it's called "Stella's Garden". Some of our best friends are expecting their first baby and it's a sweet little girl! I've been inspired by some other applique quilts that I seen so I decided to go ahead and try my hand at it. The result is very cute (although the technique leaves a LOT of be desired!), and here's a picture of it sans binding! My Grandma, who is a wonderful quilt maker is coming over this afternoon to help me with the binding. Anyways - I just wanted to show you guys what I've been doing so that you don't give up on me! I've been consumed with finishing the quilt since the baby shower is on Saturday!



Please, leave me any questions or comments that you have. I do have to say that I used the Sizzix Butterfly die from Stamp'in Up and the QuicKutz Butterfly 4x4 Die, the QuicKutz Paper Doll clothes for the clothesline and I just free handed and made my own patterns for the clouds, flowers and mushrooms. I still want to add some ruffles to the grassy hills but we'll see if I have time for that!

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment