Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fathers Day Card

Wow, 2 posts in one day!!! I must be feeling better!!! I've been sick for a little over a week so my "work" has lapsed a little... at least that's what I thought until I looked at all the posts that I've done! Looks like I need to be sick all the time to get my stuff done! Not really, I guess being sick stops me from Disneyland trips, Target trips, Park time so I have a little more time to work on my samples, but I definitely don't want to be sick any more!!

I just wanted to share with you a Father's Day Card that I just finished. I used the Crackle Paint from Tim Holtz, the Distress Ink from Tim Holtz and the Measuring Tape from Tim Holtz and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in black... and I really like it! It's a very cool, manly card that I can't wait to give to my Dad or Husband - hmmm, maybe I'll just make two of them and give them both one!


The Crackle was super easy to use, you just paint it on (the thicker the better) and let it start to dry. Once you see it start to crack you can use a heat gun on it to speed up the process, then take your distress ink and smear it all over the paint so that it settles into the cracks and gives them a little more definition. I also used my QK Blossom font and cut out D-A-D from chipboard and placed those in the bottom right hand corner with a little repositionable adhesive, then I sprayed the card with the Glimmer Mist and once it was dry I removed the letters leaving the negative space to spell out Dad. I then used Diamond Glaze to make the letters pop a little more, but I don't think that I would do it again, I think that I'd just leave it - it looked cooler the other way. I then glued two pieces of the measuring tape to the card, punched a couple of holes and wrapped the twine around the center of the tape. Very easy, very cool, very masculine!

I cannot wait to get my hands on more of this crackle paint - if you used white on a skeleton it would look amazingly spooky!

Please leave me a comment if you have any questions!
Happy Cutting!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment