Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Tisket, A Tasket a QuicKutz Easter Basket

Good Morning!

Thanks for stopping by today. 

Well, my weekend list keeps growing... and growing... and growing...  We have a mountain of laundry that turned into an avalanche of laundry that needs some serious attention, Easter Eggs that need to be dyed, Adam's Easter Basket that needs to be finished along with a about 1 dozen other things that need to happen TODAY.  And all I want to do is lay on the couch and peruse my favorite blogs/Pinterest... maybe do a little sewing for a little girl that I don't have... so really good, worthwhile stuff.

Luckily, I have this fun little basket to share so maybe you can find the energy to go make something and be productive!

 
 
I made this sweet little spring basket using a few different QuicKutz Dies... I used the Popcorn Box, Ticket Border Die, Doily Nesting Dies and the Pop-up Flower dies.  I wanted it simple and sweet, so I used some super old but still a favorite, Girls Paperie patterned paper.
 
 
I know I've said this time and time again, but I LOVE using dies that you may not think of to make my projects.  I love taking the popcorn box (which is just a simple, cute, scalloped box) and turning it into a basket or goody box by adding a handle, made with a ticket strip! 
 
 
I cut a strip of patterned paper and wrapped it around the box, adhering with glue as I went.  I then glued the doily straight to the box and added my flower.  Simple easy, quick and simple but it's so darling.  You could make a few of these and put them along a table runner for your Easter dinner, filled with tall grass, or eggs or mini-eggs... whatever you have on hand.  You could also pass these out to family or friends as goody boxes or even make a few of these for May Day - the ideas keep coming!
 
That's it for me today - I think I lost my husband to the laundry avalance... better go dig him out!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter spent with family or friends, doing whatever you feel like doing!
 
Have a great weekend!
Andrea
KPS
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment