Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 15, 2013

TRUCKS & CARS! Boy's Birthday Party

Good Morning!

Sorry about the delay... it was a stomach bug week around here, which didn't leave a lot of energy for posting! 

We also registered Lil' A for Kindergarten, which is still hard for me to believe.  I'm sure that I sound like a cliche, but it was difficult for me to keep it together.  Big A just smiled at me and tried hard not to roll his eyes, but it was a big moment for me.  I don't know if it's because he's my only, or if it's because we had such a rocky beginning or if I'm just crazy emotional, but I can still remember how it felt to hold him when he was an infant, breathe in his sweet breath or play with his feet so his toes would curl like a monkey... I think about how he started walking - he had been walking holding onto furniture for a while, but once he decided to walk, he didn't fall, he didn't slow down, he just stood up and walked - it's his way, once he makes his mind up, he goes for it.  Kindergarten seemed so so so far away then, and now it's just around the corner and I feel like I'm clutching at days, even the hard days and trying to hold onto them (and him) as tight as I can.

So, with that said, I wanted to share a birthday party that The M's (one of the BFF's) threw for their little boy, who just turned 2.  The Birthday Boy, Ponno, loves cars and trucks so the obvious theme for the party was vehicles!



The cake was perfect.  It was a sheet cake from Sam's club and we just took some Oreos and mashed them up so that it would look like dirt.  We then stuck the little cars on the crushed cookies and added the Monster truck.  I made the Happy Birthday banner with my silhouette.  I sized pennant triangle's and then added the letters to the middle of the triangles so that when my machine cut them out, each triangle had the negative of the letter.  I then made a slightly larger triangle and cut those out of black paper and glued the white triangle with the negative letters to the black triangles - this ensured that the letters would stand out with the black background but kept me from having to glue all of those little, tiny letters!  I then sewed the triangles together to make the banner.  We used glue dots to tie the banner to the skewers (just regular kabob wooden skewers) and stuck the skewers into the cake!  It was a little breezy so that banner got a little tangled, but that's okay - it was still pretty cute!


The set up was super cute.  First, M laid out black plastic tablecloths on all the tables.  They then took white duct tape and tore strips that were laid down the center of the tablecloth to make it look like a road.



Orange plastic cones were taped to the table with checked flags coming out of the tops.  Bright colored bubble containers were wrapped with checkered paper for the kiddos.


Chocolate donuts became spare tires for guests to munch on.  We made the sign with my Silhouette and instead of cutting each piece separately, I just changed the images from a "Cut" image to a "Print" image.  So cute!

  
But, by far, the cutest thing at the party was the Birthday Boy!  Happy Birthday, Ponno!

I LOVE how the M's pulled this party together, how creative and fun it was!  Nothing like a TRUCK and CARS party for a sweet, car enthused little guy...

Have a great day!
Andrea  

No comments:

Post a Comment