Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 24, 2014

Dino Boy Birthday Card

Good Morning!

Today was Lil A's first day back to school after a super fun Spring Break!  We've spent the last two weeks, (yes, our Spring Break is 2 weeks long!!), spending time with friends, going to the mountains, river, beach, park... and we had 2 super fun birthday parties for some very special boys that needed just the right cards!


My favorite little 3 year old loves cars, robots and Dino's... so it was easy to come up with a card using my Silhouette Cameo!  And once I saw the car shaped card, the idea came together!  I size the car card and then brought in a Dino shape.  I overlayed the Dino image on the car to size the Dino, ensuring that everything would fit perfectly!  I also sized the no. 3 to fit on the door panel of the car before cutting all of my paper. The best part, I was able to cut all of the different pieces, everything, on one mat!


I made one small modification to the car by adding the open trunk so the dinosaur's tail could stick out!  I used the drawing tools to make the rounded rectangle (my trunk door), sized it next to the car and welded it to the car.




I traced the windows onto the Dino and hand cut him into pieces (sounds gruesome!) to fit in the windows and out the trunk.  I inked all of my edges on every cut piece before assembling the card using my Sticky Thumb tape runner.

A perfect card for a very funny and sweet 3 year old!

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment