Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Gold Rush Miner Birthday Party - Part 1

Good Morning!

Last month was Lil A's 6th Birthday.  If you know my child, he seems to always pick unusual themes for a party and this last party was no exception!

Hello Gold Rush Miner Party!


You may remember when Lil A decided to be a Gold Miner for Halloween last year...


Well, he's still really, really feeling the Gold thing so a Mining Party was the request for our Family/Frimily Birthday Party (Frimily= friends that are family).

You may (or may not?) be surprised that there really isn't a wide selection of mining themed party supplies.  But, luckily, I own a Silhouette Cameo and am addicted to Pinterest so I was golden (wah wah).

The entire party was started with the invitation.  I'm going to be completely honest, this idea is NOT mine!  I saw a similar invite (from PixelSeeds and you can find it here!) on Etsy and would've ordered it but I was running behind and needed to get the party invites out the next day.  And when I say I needed to get them out, I mean that Adam and I drove around town dropping off the invites because we were so short on time!


I formatted the invites with my Silhouette software.  I was able to curve the "Gold Rush" title after watching an awesome tutorial on using the Text to Path feature!  You can watch the video by clicking here!  After I had the invite looking exactly how I wanted it, I turned it into a print and cut file which you can learn how to do by watching this video!  I added some "gold" to the shovels with my Tattered Angels Gold Dust Paint and distressed the edges with Rangers Distress Ink in Corduroy to finish the invite.


Since we were trying to do a simplified birthday party, we decided to just do cake/pie and ice cream instead of a full menu.  This turned out great!  We had the party at 2:30 and included what would be served on the invite to avoid confusion.  I made these super cute cupcake toppers with the print and cut feature on my Silhouette software as well.  Once I had all of the pieces printed and cut out, I popped them off a scallop circle with foam tape and taped a toothpick to the back - completely customized cupcake decor!



I made the birthday banner with - yes, you guessed it! - the print and cut feature on my Silhouette software!  I used the train car for the shape and added my wording.  I inked the edges, glued black circles to the tires, used my WeR Crop-A-Dile to punch holes and add eyelets before stringing it all together with bakers twine.  I really tried to keep the look rustic and manly and this banner came out perfect!

I'm just going to sing for a minute...
I LOVE my Silhouette!  I know that the price tag of the Silhouette can turn people off, but once you start playing/learning about it, you realize that it's so totally worth it!  The Silhouette is so versatile, I LOVE my Cameo, but I also loved my SD and I think the Portrait is pretty awesome if you're looking for a smaller sized and priced machine!  The Silhouette products are fantastic as is their customer service!  They're a company that is all about the customer and the sky is really the limit with this software and their products!  And no, I am not affiliated with the company - I just love them that much!

I'll be back to share more on the Gold Rush Miner Party tomorrow!  Thanks for visiting!
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment