Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 19, 2010

Festive Pillow

Happy Friday!

I love Friday... I'm not sure why since I typically teach classes on the weekends so it's more like the start of my continuous work week... must just be residual excitement from school days of long ago...

I want to show you a pillow that I created using my Silhouette SD and Flocked Heat Transfer Material (also from Silhouette). It's so easy, you don't need to be a good sewer, you just need to know how to turn on your iron and count!



I cut out a jingle bell and the word "Believe" from the red heat transfer material. I REMEMBERED (the 2nd time!) to mirror my word so that once I ironed it on it would read correctly. Once I cut these beauties out, I peeled off the negative space and then ironed them both onto a 12x12 in. piece of duck cloth (using the instructions on box). I then cut 4 -2x14 in. pieces of coordinating material and sewed them around the edge of my pillow - I just wanted to add a little something. I then cut a square (the same size of my front panel) from fabric and sewed all of my pieces together! Add a few buttons, stuff with a pillow and there you go! Super cute, super easy and I think I've spilled the beans for everyone's Christmas presents this year!

I have a lot more projects to share, so stay tuned!
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I'm getting a Silhouette SD for Christmas. You did great and it looks like fun.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete