Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent Calendar

Hello!
I'm sorry it's been so long, Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are heading (with lightening fast speed!) into the crazy/fun Holiday season! Our house is full of snot, hot tea, chicken soup and blankies... but we're still happy that Christmas is around the corner! So, to start it off, I thought I'd show you an Advent calendar that I created using LifeStyle Crafts Winter Wishes gift set.




I used Making Memories Noel paper (I love the cool vintage feel) and I was able to get 4 pockets from 1 sheet of 12x12 paper - so you'll need 7 sheets of paper, plus more for the cards that you put in the pockets (I haven't made mine yet...). Then I just gathered a bunch of materials that I had laying around, little flowers, trim, bells... and some punches to use on my scraps and started diecutting and gluing! I made the letters with my Silhouette, that way I could do different sizes and fonts (although I ended up sticking to the same font, Georgia!). When I was done, I took 2 rulers (I cut one down) and a few screw eyes and attached the two rulers with ribbon through the screw eyes. Attach the pockets on with binder clips (I used misc office ones and Tim Holtz Binder Clips) - you can glue them on if you don't want to worry about them falling off, but this will make it harder to store. I hope you enjoy, I had a great time making this project, it was fun and easy, just the way I like my projects!

See you soon! I have tags and pillows ready to show!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment