Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vinyl Joy

Hello!

I've been racking my brains on something creative to do for our Christmas Cards this year. Ever since Adam was born, I've tried my hardest to think of cute and different ideas for any thing that we send in the mail... his birth announcement looked like an invoice, our moving postcard had him popping out of boxes with our new address... last Christmas I lite up a string of lights and let him play with them and shot it in the dusk... but this year I was stumped! I saw a picture in Jan. issue of Creating Keepsakes where they took a picture and used photoshop to write straight onto the picture. I really liked the effect, but I knew that I wouldn't have the time to take a cute picture and then play with it and then create the cards and then mail them!!! People would be lucky if they got them by the 4th of July! So, I put my thinking hat on and decided that I could get a similar effect if I used my Silhouette and cut out letters, placed them on the wall and then had Adam pose next to them. This is what I ended up with. The picture isn't perfect, the glare was hard to control and my camera wasn't exactly level... but I figure, it goes with the theme of our world! Not perfect, a little off level but pretty darn cute!


EnJOY!
Andrea

(Here's a picture of how I used the same idea, vinyl letters, to finish my mantle. We love The Beatles soo I choose a quote that fit our family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment