Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pinned Up Monday!

Hello!

I'm sorry that today's post is so late!  It's been a day of physical therapy, rain, carpet cleaning, an afternoon at my parents (which was very nice and included a long, HOT soak that made my back sigh) and now, an evening of trying not to trip over all of the furniture that normally lives on carpeted surfaces and is residing on our wood floor!

But onto the Pinterest inspiration...

So, as most of you know, my husbands brother is getting married in April.  Their theme is "rustic elegance", and mason jars are in integral decoration.  Since I'm a paper enthusiast, they asked me to make the wedding invites.  I was super happy to oblige, and after a lot of Pinterest looking, the bride settled on this design.

I pretty much did the same exact thing.  My inspiration was more like a clone... So much for creativity!  I used my Silhouette Cameo and created the whole invite.  Yay for Silhouette!  I was able to do everything with my Silhouette, from the printing to the cutting.  The only thing that I wish I could've done different is that I wanted more of the lines from the mason jar - like the ruts for screwing on the top and the half circle on the bottom.  Unfortunately, it just wasn't working out for me.  But I still love the end result.

We used The Twinery's purple baker's twine and added a few crystal rhinestones because the bride loves her some bling!

I know, some of you might be thinking that a mason jar shaped invite isn't fancy enough for a wedding invitation, but I think that every part of the wedding should represent the bride and groom - even the invitation.  So, I like that it's not fancy, but it's nice and pretty but not over the top - just like the bride and groom.

Here's the RSVP card that I designed with my Silhouette as well - just for good measure!

That's it for today!  I have a lot to share this week - see you soon!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment