Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 24, 2012

I *heart* St. Patty's Day!

Hello!

Happy Friday!  Yay! 

As some of you know, I am lucky enough to design the QuicKutz Club projects for Pages From the Heart - which is an awesome deal!  Lifestyle Crafts/QuicKutz sends me their new release and I figure out a fun project for Kathy's club members - it's pretty fun! 

For Valentine's Day, QuicKutz released their Sweetheart Line - which was super cute!  My favorite part was the nesting hearts - but take a look at these super cute dies!


Aren't those cute?  I love them!  I think I'll use the donut's for my sister-in-laws bridal shower card - they're doing donuts in place of a wedding cake!

Kathy was giving her club this die as their Club Die...
It's a Heart Doily die - so pretty!  You might be thinking that a heart in February is a pretty easy product to work with... except that the club was AFTER Valentine's Day.  Ugghhhh.  I didn't want to make a Valentine's project that no one would be able to use for a year!  So, I grabbed my hearts and thought, "Hmmm, what else can I made with hearts?".  And then I made this!

A Shamrock!  Perfect for our next Holiday, St. Patrick's Day!  I used this die...
Which is a Nesting Heart Die - you get 5 nesting hearts in this package!  And I used the largest and 2nd largest dies to create my shamrock petals along with the doily heart.
I also used the QK Nesting Circles to cut out 3 rolled roses for the shamrock center, used a manila tag and some fake cream flowers.  I gathers shimmery tulle and placed that behind the flowers/tag/ribbon.

So cute, huh?! 

For the stem I used a kabob skewer and covered it with paper.  I glued the stick onto the back of the shamrock and covered it with a circle glued on top of the stick for support.

That's it!  I'm feeling pretty lucky, how about you?

Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment