Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 17, 2012

Pinned Up Mondays! Kid Style

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  We had a productive, fun and happy one!  My Mom came over Saturday morning and helped me cut/assemble some spooktacular Halloween Goody/Candy Boxes for the shop and upcoming boutiques...

{Batty Goody Box from Kutz. Paper. Scissors}
 
{Monster Cupcake Holder Box from Kutz. Paper. Scissors}
 
 
Aren't they cute?  I love them!  And they're so easy to assemble!  There's a ton more in the shop and I have more to add still!  Everything from spiders to pumpkins and coffins, I LOVE Halloween!
 
We also had our bi-weekly Yokley Family Dinner, where we ate and played Apples to Apples...  Its such a fun, easy game to play with a group!  Just be careful, if you get a card that says "Shocking" and you don't choose the players card that says "Electricity", you might never live it down!  Thanks, Dad, for letting me live in the "Gray" while you live in the "Black & White"!
 
Okay, so onto our Pinned Up Monday!  Today I'm sharing a fun, quick and easy activity that will get you and your kids outdoors, exercising and observing!
 
{Photo courtesy of playdateyakima.com via Pinterest}
 
If you click on the link above, you'll be taken a site where you can print off a few different scavenger hunt pages...  I printed off a few a while ago and kept them on hand.  One afternoon we needed something to do, something to get us out of the house and change our attitude/focus!  I let Adam choose between the Neighborhood Hunt and the Nature Hunt - we went with the Neighborhood Hunt!
 
 
 
Adam and I looked over the items we were supposed to be hunting for.  By the time we got to the end of our drive way, we were halfway done!
 
 
Adam rode his bike while I walked behind him - he's pointing out the fire hydrant for the list.
 
It didn't take us too long to get everything crossed off!  We went around a second time, going the opposite way that we'd been to see if we could find everything on our list again.  It was funny how observant he was, he'd tell me the differences between the truck he first saw and the truck we found on our second round.  It's a fun way to learn about differences, observation and perseverance  - it was "taking for-ev-er" (Adam's word choice, not mine) to find a kitty the second time around... I can't imagine why they'd hide from a loud, bicycle riding boy with a monster on his head barrelling in their direction, can you?!
 
Have a great day!
See you Wednesday!
Andrea 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment