Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 17, 2013

Wecome Hank! But Don't Forget Stella!

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by!

Do you remember the Nautical quilt that I shared a while back?  I'd made it for our good friends who were expecting a fun little bundle of joy this spring...


This was for our new buddy, Hank who arrived in April and is so sweet, cute and l-o-n-g!  Hank is the lucky little brother to Stella, who is one of the cutest and kindest little girls... I'm sure that they'll take good care of each other from now on! 

We visited Hank a few days after he was born and back at home... we took some baby items for Hank , food/dessert to the Newly Newborn Again Parents and a gift for the new Big Sis'.  I know it's often hard for little ones to be left out when a new sibling arrived, I wanted Stella to feel like she was part of the process, so Lil' A and I went to Target, picked out a Boy Baby Doll and I decided to make a Mei Tai Style Baby Carrier for Stella's new little boy baby doll so she could be just like mommy.



I looked on Pinterest (shocker, I know) for a good tutorial and found this...

 (photo courtesy of The Shopping Mama via Pinterest)
 
This was a great tutorial, super easy to follow along with the head rest pattern that you could print out on your own. You can click on the link above to visit the tutorial and get your printable head piece and make your own...
 
The fabric I used is Summer Song by Riley Blake.  I choose a flannel because I thought it would feel best on Stella's skin - I know it's a little warmer, but I figured she's wear it more if it was comfortable and didn't irritate her.
 
 
Each side of the baby carrier has a different pattern so it's reversible - a girl's gotta have options!
 
 
I like the striped side the best, but the flowers and birds are perfect for sweet little girls.
 
Here's some close up photos of the details that add so much to this baby doll carrier...
 
 
 
 
This sewing project was super fast and easy and turned out so cute!  It looks exactly like the Mei Tai that I carried Adam around it when he was little... I loved baby carrying - having him so close that I could kiss the top of his head all the time. 
 
 
So that's it!  If you know a little girl that would like something like this, I cannot recommend this pattern/tutorial enough!  It's a beginner level sewing project with great photos and instructions!
 
Have a great day!
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment