Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Card 21: 30 Days

I'm back... I've been "wok'n wok'n" (a quote from my 2 yr old), and I've completed another card for today and a card for tomorrow! The card for today is a sweet birthday card that I made for my cousin's little girl who will turn 5 this month!


(Flutter Birthday Card)

I used Cosmo Cricket's "Togetherness" line, which is one of my favorites! I know, when don't I LOVE a Cosmo Cricket line... and I don't have an answer for that! Anyways, I kept the card simple but wanted it to be pretty and girly because Julia is a super girly girl! I used a 6 x 6 kraft card base and inked the edges. I used a 5 7/8 x 5 7/8 in. cream mat and then a 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 in. "Making Plans". I then cut a 1 1/5 x 6 in. piece from "Making Plans" (oppisite side) and scallop border punched it. I adhered it and then sewed around all of my edges. I used a straight stitch around the whole card and I used a zig-zag stitch on the top edge of my border punched strip. I then cut a 3 3/8 x 5 1/8 in. piece from "Reunion" and corner rounded the bottom 2 corners. I cut a 3 1/4 x 5 in. piece from "All A Flutter" and corner rounded the bottom two corners and adhered it to the "Reunion" piece - I backed them with thin chipboard and adhered it to the card, aligned to the left and flush with the top of the card. I then printed "Happy Birthday" from my computer and cut it to look like a banner. I adhered it to my card with foam tape and on the part that overlapped the "All A Flutter", I glued a pink Prima flower down with Scrappy Glue. I put Diamond Glaze over the butterflies. I also inked all the edges with Chalk Ink Pad in Chestnut.

So easy, so fun! I'm totally feelin' the Togetherness Line!
Hasta Manana!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment