Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Card 20: 30 Days

Hello,

I'll do 2 cards today... I was working on my card yesterday, was almost done when fire started a little less than 1 block from our house. I'm a severe asthmatic so I had to close up all the windows in the house, grab a mask, EpiPen, inhalers and nebulizer and we ran out the door... card still sitting on my crafting table with my ink pad and Scrappy Glue next to it, both with their tops off... sigh. Needless to say, when we were finally able to come back home (after an asthma attack) I couldn't do anything besides lay on the couch and shake uncontrollably.

So, I woke up (drank my cup of coffee), checked in with my DH and Mom and then finished the card which only took me about 3 minutes - stupid fire. So, here's my "FUN" card - I think it'd be a great birthday card for all ages! And it is super easy!!


(Ticket for a Fun Birthday Card)
I took a 4 x 9.25 kraft card base and matted it with a 3 7/8 x 9 1/8 white solid and then matted again with a 3 3/4 x 9 in blue solid. I then cut my rays from a BoBunny printed paper, I punched out my scallop circle where all of the rays met on the paper. I backed my printed paper with chipboard and glued the paper down. I then backed my scalloped circle with chipboard and glued that down where the rays meet on the card. I punched out a star from a yellow solid and backed that with chipboard and glued down to my scallop circle. I took a blue raffle ticket that I had and tucked it under the scallop circle. I added "fun" in yellow stickers. I inked all the edges with Chalk Ink Pad in Chestnut Brown and added Rock Candy Stickles to the star. This was a super easy card and I think that it turned out very cute. I meant to sew around the edges of my mats but forgot... Maybe next time! I was inspired to create this card by a scrapbook layout that I saw at http://www.wipkits.blogspot.com/ - one of my favorite blogs! Check it out!

See you in a few hours, I'm going to move on to today's card!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment