Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 29, 2012

Pinned Up Monday!

Good Afternoon!

Thanks for visiting me today!

Today I'm sharing a banner that I created for the Page's From the Heart Die Cut Club project this month!  If you've seen any of my past projects, you know that I LOVE to take box dies and make them more scrapper/card maker friendly... and this months project is no exception!

Here's what I was originally inspired by in Pinterest...

x
 
 {etsy.com}
 
So, I was going to go down this road and wanted to use the following dies...
 
Pie Box                                                       Feathers Die                      Nesting Turkey
 
But I also knew that I had to use this die...
 
{Leaf Punch}
 


 So I cut out the pie box first and put it together.  I cut another one out, hoping that it would fit as a lid to my original box... it didn't.  Hmmm - what to do, what to do!  I know, turn the pie box into a banner!


So, I cut out and assembled 6 pie boxes from tan cardstock.
 I then traced the triangle of my metal die onto patterned paper- the one that is the floor for the box. I traced inside of the cutting edges so that my triangle would fit inside the box.  I cut each one out and glued them to the inside of my box.

I then used my Diesel Font and die cut "Eat Pie" and used dimensional tape to adhere them to the inside of the pie boxes.

I stringed the pie boxes together so that they would hang.  I then tied on different lengths of bakers twine and hung the different "fall" elements from it that I'd die cut, like the feathers, turkeys, leaves...

And there you go!  A single and cute fall banner... I'm thinking that this would be perfect next to the kids table! 

And just remember, think outside the pie box!
Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment