Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pinned Up Mondays... Keep Calm

Good Morning!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate the visit!

Today I'm sharing a fun, cute project that I created for Halloween - I'm sure you've seen the "Keep Calm and..." signs - now my sister credited me with this, but I'm pretty sure that I was one of the many on this bandwagon - that are everywhere!  Here's a few from Pinterest...

 
{Yes, I get my nerd on}
 
 
 
So I made a Halloween one for our home...
 
 
Now, I used the same techniques that I use for my subway art - I painted the board white, then I created a chevron pattern with painters tape (for my boards I typically just use vinyl) and left a square in the middle.  I painted a few coats of orange and then heavily distressed it after peeling off the used tape.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to create my saying and pumpkin, I was being lazy wise with my time and I cut my saying from black vinyl and transferred it onto the sign.  I have black and white houndstooth fabric cut into strips and stapled to the back, waiting for me to hang it... and decorate for Halloween in general! 
 
Anyways - I LOVE this sign, can't wait to use more chevron patterns for EVERYTHING!
 
And speaking of love, today is my Dad's birthday!  Yay!  Happy birthday to an amazing father, friend, husband, son, brother.  You are so many things to so many people, but to me you'll always be the best, most amazing, smart, fun, honest Dad in the world.  The AAa's love you so much and feel blessed to have you as a role model.  We love you, Dad/Papa!
 
Happy Monday!  Go pin something!
Andrea
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment