Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 22, 2010

Boo-tiful Wreath

Happy Friday!

I don't know about you, but we're in Halloween countdown at the J House! We have 2 costume Halloween parties tomorrow, 1 Halloween Carnival and the "We're All Mad Here" Mini-Album on Sunday! Luckily, I don't get worn down by Halloween, I just totally enjoy everything about it.

I've been working on my and the Hubs Halloween costumes - my lovely sis-in-law helped me sew up my chaps, Hub's vest and my yarn hair yesterday... can you guess who we're going to be?? Yup, Jesse and Woody to Adams Buzz! I've had to be creative about our costumes since I didn't want to spend a fortune on them, I've done a lot of up-cycling, used a lot of Fabric-Tac (my sewing machine broke the other night) and have taken old shirts that "We never wear anyways..." and ruined them! I mean, added lovely embellishments to! I'll show pics this weekend!



Okay, but what I actually wanted to talk about it... my Boo-tiful Wreath! I had a lot of fun making this... I took a Styrofoam wreath form and hot glued strips of muslin that I had left over from playroom curtains to it. I made sure to tear the muslin instead of cutting it so that it wouldn't look perfect. I sprayed Tattered Angels Mist in slate and Creme de Chocolate on it just to age it a little. I then made some paper circles (I cannot remember the name of them! ugghh!) that I did a fan fold on and then glued them together at the end. I then adhered them to 2 circles, one on the back and one scalloped one on the front and hot glued them to the wreath. I added some Prima flowers in Halloween colors (love them!) and some buttons, hot glued a couple of plastic spiders and there you go! One boo-tiful wreath to have anywhere you'd like (mine is on our hall-tree, or as Adam calls it, the "hallway").

See you all soon! I'm going to do a post a day till Halloween since I still have a lot of Halloween projects to share!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment