Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Classic twist on a baby shower

I'm throwing a baby shower for a fantastic friend of mine... she's having a little boy in a few months so we asked the Daddy if he wanted to pick the theme.  I was a little concerned about this, the Dad prides himself on his "unique" tastes, but I really like the theme he picked although it's a little challenging.  It's hot rods, or classic cars - which is really fun and cool but it's a hard theme to keep baby-ish.  So, I came up with these for the invitations,
(Front of Invite, lift tag for wording)

(Close-up of Silhouette Car)

I cut the car using my Silhouette SD machine, and added a little bit of silver stickles for the trim which totally made it!  Hey, it might be for a boy, but glitter is right for the mommy!  I put the car on a tag with a few embellishments and tied the tag to the invitation... why? you ask?  Well, we liked the little cars so much and it was a lot of work so we put an insert with the invitation asking people to bring back their invitations to be entered into a drawing for a prize BECAUSE the mommy will then take the tag off and use those as the thank you cards!  Awesome, right?  Double-duty work - which I LOVE!

The invitation wording was also really cute (can't take credit, my friend found it somewhere):
It's time to gather for a baby shower
But instead of ribbons and flowers
we're crank'in up the horse power!

The shower is in a few weeks so I'll keep sharing all the little goodies we make!
Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Those invites are awesome! I love the idea for the Thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! :) Please keep us posted w the details! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter also wants a Hot rod theme if she has a boy, but we can not find anything for babies nursery in hot rods!!! Nor shower supplies!!! PLEASE any ideas or how she did nursery I've just got to know, Going crazy!! Thank you!!! Bikerhoney6969@yahoo.com!!!

    ReplyDelete