Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

Inspired and on fire!

Yes! I am back! I had my 1st class of 2011 yesterday, which was a huge success with a fun group of ladies who totally put me in the crafting mood! We made Valentine cards, which are such a welcome treat after Christmas! It's fun to get to use girly colors and flowery/heart filled paper with the message that someone loves you!

The first card is really more an all occasion card than a Valentine card, I mostly wanted to share the technique. It's very simple, I punched 12-2" circles from a double sided patterned paper, distressed the edges and then folded them into thirds. I didn't want them to be even, so the bottom of your petal should be a little bit narrower than your top, like a flower petal. I used Crate Paper's Restoration line, which I am banana's over!


The next card is my favorite. I often have to remind myself that just because I'm doing a "Valentine's Class", that my paper doesn't have to come from a Valentine line! So, I used the October Afternoon's Thrift Shop - One of a Kind - and it came out so cute! For the X & O I used QuicKutz Diesel Font and Katie Font, I liked how the 2 different font's made the card more interesting. The butterflies are a Stamp'in Up exclusive Sizzix Embosslit die which I cannot use enough! So fun! If I were to do this card for myself I would've sewn around the edges of the red paper, but in a class it's hard to find enough sewing machines for everyone! I used May Arts crocheted ribbon to create a "flower" pattern on the bottom of the red patterned paper, glued buttons for the center of my flowers - with bakers twine, of course! My DH says it's a phase that I'm going through, since I just bought a total of roughly... 2400 feet of bakers twine...


And lastly, this card is super easy but super cute! I used all WeRMemories valentine paper for this card, I even used their "Love Letter's Embossed Tag". I used scallop scissors for the edges of the green paper, I wanted it too look like a postage stamp since it's love "letters". I added a little bit of the crocheted lace (same as mentioned on last card) across the card, under the tag and a white ribbon and a pink ribbon vertically - tied a bow with my excess and glued it to the card. I used an old Basic Grey stamp set for the "LOVE" saying on the card. Like I said, it's very easy but oh so fun! I think this one might be going to my BF in Kentucky...


And last, I wanted to share a new blog that a friend of mine (we've known each other since I was born, literally) just created, which is an awesome idea! The blog is http://shop-2-give.blogspot.com. You should really check it out, it's a great concept... in fact, if it catches on we'll be helping so many people!
That's all for now! I have a Valentine's banner that I want to share before everyone is tired of pink, red and hearts! Is that even possible? Not in my world!
Andrea









2 comments:

  1. OMG! Your blog is awesome & so are your projects. Class yesterday was so fun! Thanks for your creativity. C u again at another class!
    Carrie
    La Quinta, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andi!
    We had such a fun time at your class. Hope we weren't too obnoxious and loud!!! You and your mom's cards were GREAT! See you next time.

    Linda and Michelle

    ReplyDelete