Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A new layout to share!

Hmm, so, I'm down to a new post a week.  Not really where I want to be, but it's better than not posting at all, right??  I've been debating about taking a hiatus from the blog world, like taking a month off till I get back on track with all of my work obligations and being a Mommy.  What do you think?  Blogging takes a lot of time and since I already do one Design Team blog every morning at Pages, doing mine falls to the wayside.  As does the laundry, cleaning... you get the picture.  But, I decided to not stop blogging and just to limit my posts, so this is a apology in advance for the haphazard posts over the next month or so.  Okay, now that that's out of the way, here's a Page's Design Team 2 page layout.

Little Firecracker Layout


I know it's a little difficult to see, but I machine stitched around the banner/picture square and I used my sewing machine to create the fireworks.  Here's a few close ups of the stitching.


Sewn firecrackers with rhinestones

Since part of our DT assignment was to sew on one of our projects, I grabbed my machine and tried to think of a unique way to use it.  I figure that using it to create an image would be pretty cool and I really like the way it turned out.  I added the different color rhinestones in different clusters to give the fireworks the "bang" that they need!

Here's a few closeups of the banner, embellishments and a picture pocket that I created.


Banner

Die cuts as a title

Pocket with stitched border and picture in center


Embellishment with journaling tag


Die cuts stick in pocket for journaling
I used My Minds Eye American Made paper line for my projects and I absolutely love it!  I love how versatile it is!  If you remember, I used some of the paper in a vintage dress form card from a few posts ago.  I used a sketch from http://www.sketchsupport.com/ for my inspiration, you should check out their website if you're looking for an idea!

That's it for today (maybe this week?).  I'll be back as soon as I can !
Andrea 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute sis! Love the fireworks! Very creative! I may have to scraplift that idea! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete