Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White and Cool

I guess I'm feeling Patriotic.  We have a lot to be thankful for as Americans.  So, it's fitting that I couldn't sew a project if it didn't shout "Americana!" or whistle the Star Spangled Banner.  Take a quick look at what I made Saturday.

A fun little red, white and blue pillow case dress.  I made my own pattern for it and morphed it to look the way I wanted with extra binding.  I love the patterns of the fabric, love the vintage feel to it.

Patriotic Apron.  Again, I made my own pattern which is getting increasingly fun and I'm getting more secure with my sewing knowledge the more I try and the more tutorials that I read.  My next apron I'll put a pocket - it's actually reversible - the back side is denim. 

See what I mean about the fabric?  Isn't it sweet?  I LURVE it. 

We're off for a few days of fun and frolic!  Have a very Happy Fourth of July!  See you later this week! 
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment