Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy July Fourth Weekend!

Hello!

I am so happy that it's a 4 day weekend in our household... 4 days off together... sigh.  It's a great thing.  We're also taking a little overnight trip on the 4th to San Diego so we can go to... drum roll please... Legoland!  Whoot whoot!  Adam has no idea what legoland is, but he knows that it's exciting!  We also get to watch fireworks from the beach, which is always so amazing.  Anyways, I wanted to show you a little of what I've been working on lately... just in case you're taking advantage of this long weekend to get some crafting done!

For the Page's DT challenge this month we were supposed to work with a grid design.  So, here's my layout:
I did a pumpkin patch/Halloween page... I know, it's a little strange in June but it's what worked!  So, I painted my background and then sewed on a grid with my sewing machine.  I then added wallet sized photos of the two cutest little pumpkin hunters EVER!  I cut from MM Toil and Trouble Halloween paper the "Double Double Toil and Trouble" little poem and used it as my title.  Here's a few close-ups.

I used little miscellaneous doo-dads on the rest of the squares... transparencies, buttons, patterned paper, work stickers... this is a great way to use scraps!

Here's a card that I created with the same grid concept.  This was a super quick card - took me about 10 minutes.  Take a look.

I punched out a few scallop circles and glued them down, evenly spaced.  If my sewing machine hadn't have been put away, I'd have sewn down the centers of each scallop circle.  I added a punched star with button on one of the circle, then a little tab at the top and a Pink Paislee Soiree number stamp on the top.  When I figure out who gets this card for their birthday, I'll put clear dew drops over the number of the birthday!

If you want to see more of the challenge, head on over to www.pagesfromtheheart.blogspot.com.

And, here's 2 cards that I'm going to be teaching in July's card class at Collective Journey.  Call them and sign up if you're interested - 909.793.2200.  The class date is July 16th, 10:30-1:00.

AND

Have you guessed the theme?  It's a shaped card class.  We'll be creating 5 cards that all are different shapes - it was fun creating these cards because once you have a shaped card, making it cute is pretty easy!

I'll share more of the cards from the class next week, or you can stop into Collective Journey's to see the samples.

And one more picture to share!  Phew - this is a long post!  My BFF (19 years and counting) was in town from KY for a few days and our kids got to play together... there's not much that I like better than watching our kids play together. 
 

Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th!
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment