Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Needles

So, on Pinned Down Monday I shared a little piece embroidery that I made the other day...

It's for my soon to be sister-in-laws bridal shower.  And once I got going, I couldn't stop!  So I made this one too...



It's a mason jar, which is a main part of the Wedding.  The wedding invite is in the shape of a mason jar, mason jars will be adorning the tables at the wedding, we'll be using mason jars for different parts of the shower...

But mason jars remind me of my Grandma Grace, who's taught me how to make jam from scratch like she did with her Mom.  And they remind me of Missouri, of catching lighting bugs in mason jars and so much love... so that's that.

And I made this one, it's not my favorite but that's okay...

I like the idea, but I wish I would've made the banner triangles larger...


The banner says Mr + Mrs Jessup but it's hard to read with the yellow thread.  I wish I had purple embroidery thread to use for the letters but I had to use what I had because...

I really hurt my back.  I found out today that it's worse than a sprain or strain and a little more serious than I thought it was.  So, I'll be flat on my back for some time now.  So, unfortunately I won't be able to do the Threads Thursday's like I'd planned because sitting up to sew just isn't in the foreseeable future but I'll find something else exciting to share with everyone and as soon as the vertebra, nerve and disc damage that I've done is better I'll start that up.

Talk to you all soon!
Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment