Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Girl, A Butane Torch and A Love of S'mores

Good Morning!

Thanks for coming over today!  I appreciate everyone that takes time out of their day to take a look at my latest projects, recipes, rehabs... and ravings!

Today I'm sharing a very easy S'more cupcake.  Have you noticed that I have an unhealthy love of S'mores?  Ya, it's pretty transparent, huh?


I made these for our Backyard Movie Night a while ago.  It started with a popcorn idea and transformed into a S'more cupcake.

I made a simple chocolate cupcake from a mix.  Nothing fancy.  I did replace the oil and water with melted butter and buttermilk to make them taste a little more homemade, but I used a dark chocolate frosting from the can. 

I piped the frosting onto the cupcakes with a ziplock bag - I was too lazy to get the piping bag and attachments.


I then grabbed graham crackers, marshmallows and a small, kitchen torch.



I crumbled up the graham crackers and sprinkled the crumbs onto the cupcakes.


I then placed 2 or 3 mini marshmallows on each cupcake and then toasted them with my torch.  The frosting melted some and a few of the marshmallows caught on fire, but it was pretty fun.




So good.  So easy.  So fun.  Sounds like a good recipe for me!

Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment