Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 24, 2012

Back-to-School Easy to Take Breakfast!

Good Morning!

Thanks for visiting today!

So, Adam is finishing his first week of school... 2 out of 3 days that I take him, he was late.  What do we do in the morning?  I don't know, really... but I do know that the time seems to go faster this year than it did last!  Maybe it's my Mommy Exhaustion "resting my eyes" on the couch for the first 1/2 that we're "awake"...

Anways, I like Adam to have protein for breakfast but (obviously) don't have time to prepare a good breakfast for him everyday!  So I was trying to figure out a way to get a protein packed, yummy breakfast that I can make in bulk and store in the fridge and then reheat while we're running out the door that Adam can eat in the car on the way to school.  Phew - talk about a run-on sentence!

I remembered seeing these on Pinterest -

(Photo courtesy of casiburcham@yahoo.com)
 
I revisited the recipe and made a few alterations to reflect what I had on-hand.
 
I grabbed frozen sausage links and heated them in the microwave.  Set your oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together your pancake mix (I used the box mix), leave out a little of the water it asks for and add syrup to the batter.  Sprinkle a small amount of the dry pancake mix on a plate.  Line a baking sheet - you're now ready!
 
 
Grab one of your sausage links and roll it in the dry pancake mixture...


Now dip your sausage link in the pancake batter and shake a little to get the drips off.


Lay your batters link on the lined baking sheet and repeat with all of your links.  Leave plenty of room between links because the batter will spread and puff up!

 
 
Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes. 
 
 

Remove from oven and let cool.  If you're not taking these in the car, dip them in warmed syrup!  If you are taking them in the car it's okay, remember putting the syrup in the batter?  They'll still have a hint of the sweet syrupy taste!

Toss them in a baggie and give to your little one - they were all done by the time we got to school!  I put the remainders in a container in the fridge.  I'll reheat them in a moist paper towel in the microwave on school mornings!

Have a great, syrupy sweet day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment