Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 8, 2013

QuicKutz Valentines!

Good Morning!

Thanks for coming by today! 

I don't know about you, but I love Valentine's Day!  I love having an excuse to decorate our home in red and pink, to eat candy and to think of the sweetest ways to let my guys know they're loved!  I also cannot get enough hearts - I'm sort of a girly girl that is surrounded by trash trucks, construction vehicles, police and fire stations and all that is boy, so Valentines is a perfect excuse to let the girly girl out!

I had a lot of fun making Page's From the Heart's die cutting club project this month!  I used old and new dies, some that were obviously Valentine's or Love themed while incorporating some of their core products!  Take a look...


Here's a list of the dies that I used:
Mailbox
Nesting Doily Hearts
Nesting Banners
Arrows
Sketch Book
Honeycomb Embossing Die
Cupcake Stand
Hearts Die
O' Happy Day Font

The mailbox turned out super cute and was very easy to assemble.  I embellished it all over!





I wanted my mailbox to have a little dimension, so I bent my banner on both ends and glued the ends to the mailbox but let the rest of it popped up from the mailbox.  I used 2 sizes of the nesting doily heart for my heart and an arrow from the arrow set. 

And easy and inexpensive idea for a Valentine's gift for your special someone is a coupon!  You can make a few of these from your scrap paper!  Make one for your Significant Other, child, friend, parents and fill it with whatever coupons you want!


I really really really enjoy using the embossing folders to add a little extra texture - it's cheap, easy and quick!  I used the honeycomb embossing die and cut it a little smaller than the book so it's a mat.  I cut a few hearts from different colors and glued them to the bottom of the coupon book and added the word coupon from Happy Day font, my meaning is "love" coupons.


You've got mail!  I made a few coupons for my little boy that said "Stay up 1/2 Hour late!" and "Let's Play!  30 Min whatever  you want to do with Mommy!"  and "What's for Dinner?  You pick!".  There's nothing that costs money, but Adam will love these!

And last, here's a cupcake stand that I made and dangled hearts from using the Cupcake Stand die and the Hearts Die.


This was super easy, I just used bakers twine and brads or tape to secure the hearts to the stand.  I taped the bakers twine to the underside of the cupcake stand so no one would see it.  I'd feel special getting a little treat on this stand!

That's it!  All of these projects are very simple and I honestly used scraps on every single one!  You could easily put together a little Valentine's Party or Date night using the QK dies!

Have a great Friday and weekend!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment