Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentines Recap and Thank You to Law Enforcement

Good Morning!

Thanks for visiting today.

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to share what we ended up doing for Adam's Teacher Valentines.


I know, it's hard to see, I literally took this photo with my phone as I was running (late) out our door to take Adam to school.  I just have to say, I LOVE Adam's preschool teachers - they're great, patient, supportive, helpful and I feel good every time I leave Adam in their care.  So, I wanted to make them a little gift basket to let them know how much we all care about them.  It started with the Bee Mine Valentine Printable that I found here at make-it-do.com...


Once I had the honey idea, I thought of teas and after thinking of teas, I thought of scones - of course!  No, not Downton Abbey or Her Majesty, but of the yummy pastries!  I ended up making these Red Velvet Scones that I found here...


They were super easy, I was able to get 8 from a batch so I wrapped each one on doily in a cello bag.

I then added a package of Tazo Passion Tea (hey, it's Valentines Day - who doesn't need a little passion on Valentine's Day?) and a bottle of organic honey with the Bee Mine tag tied to it with gingham ribbon.  I also found cute initial mugs at Target so I added those to the basket, which I found at the DollarTree.  I tied on a ribbon and called it good!

I hope they had a chance to sit down with a nice, hot cup of tea and their scone and relax!  After watching my wild child, they deserve it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, I have to deviate from my usual posting style with a BIG Thank You.

Adam playing with a custom Bubba's Basics Sheriff Peg Doll


I'm not sure if everyone knows the Dorner "Manifesto" case that been going on in So. CA, but I've been glued to the TV.  It's feels personal for me, my Brother-in-Law is a San Bernardino Sheriff, as was my Father-in-Law.  My Dad is a retired Ontario Police Officer, my Grandpa was a member of the Ontario Mounted Police.  I have the best examples of officers, full of morality, kindness, fairness and with the sincere desire to help and make the world safer, better.  My Brother-in-Law is actually stationed in Big Bear, which is where the massive manhunt for Dorner was centered - we were worried every time he went to work for those few days that they were searching for Dorner.  Dorner's personal vendetta against the LAPD and against any agency that were trying to help the LAPD gave me nightmares, literally.  My Brother-in-Law is safe, but one of his best friends isn't.  He was shot, is in the hospital still and has a long road of surgeries and rehab ahead of him, his wife and his 1 month old son. 

The thing that surprised me were all of the cruel, mean, hate-filled posts and rantings about cops.  I fully understand that there are bad cops out there, but there are many, many, many more good cops than bad.  Every time someone would leave a comment about how cops deserved whatever they got, how a dead cop is the best cop, it would make my blood boil.  To me, every time someone would say something like this, they were insulting every single sacrifice my Dad made in the line of duty, every single sacrifice my family, my mother, made while my Dad was out helping others, keeping others safe, putting his life in danger.

My son looks up to my Dad, my Brother-in-Law and wears my Father-in-Law's SB Sheriff's hat.  He wants to be every type of Law Enforcement Officer, from a Game Warden to a Sheriff to an Ontario PD Swat Member, he has wonderful male role models in his life and if he stays on this path, I'll be a proud, supportive (albeit, scared) Mom.

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to every man and woman in law enforcement.  Thank you to every wife, husband, child, mother of a law enforcement officer.  Thank you for all of your sacrifices.  Thank you for protecting me and my family.  Thank you for doing a hard, stressful job where you are the target.  Thank you for working on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Holidays, missing birthdays, parties, working overtime and for so much more.  Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope your day is a great one!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment