Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 21, 2011

So much to share!

Hello!  What a busy week!  Phew!  We had a great class at Collective Journey's Saturday morning, we made the boys cards that I shared last week!  M's baby shower was yesterday, and we were just cruis'n with it!  It was actually a crazy, mad dash for the last hour before the party, trying to get everything together, but I think we were done with 2 minutes to spare!  Talk about good timing!  I wanted to share some of the party decor that we did - please let me know if you have any question!

(Centerpieces)


The centerpieces were "Tire" diaper cakes.  I took a round hat box, painted the inside silver, then put diapers all around it and held them in place with rubber bands.  I then covered the diapers with black plastic (a disposable tablecloth), die cut the word "Babyear" instead of Goodyear and put it on the tire, along with a piece of black/white bakers twine.  I also made "w"'s for tire tread.  They came out pretty cute!  We got the cars from an old fashioned dinner called Ruby's, and put decorated candy bars in the seat.
{Tire Diaper Cake and Car Close-up}

I used English Rose from QuicKutz/LifeStyle Crafts for the font.  As you can see, it was difficult to get a smooth finish on our tires... Can you see my chrome rims?

{Food table with paper garland and pom poms}
{Hall tree with pom pom garland, paper garland and ribbon}

{Hutch with paper garland and folded paper cars}

I tried very hard to stick with a blue, brown, cream and chrome color scheme.  I didn't want anything to look to prissy or girl-ish and I think the silver candlestick holders really added the chrome feeling that I was going for!  The pom-pom garland was fun to make, I bought a pom-pom maker from Joann's Craft Store and made pom poms while watching television - we strung the pom pom garlands across the ceiling (sorry, pic didn't turn out) and put single pom poms on the food tables.  The paper garlands I punched and die cut from coordinating papers and then sewed them together.  All of the paper that I used was by October Afternoon.  The cars and trucks (hard to see, their cream and blend with tablecloth) were die cut from my Silhouette.

{Trail mix party favor table - see the sign?  It's a license plate!}

{LifeStyle crafts party flag insert - awesome!}

{Party Favor Jar with trail mix}


So, I think that IF I had to pick my favorite thing from the party, it would have to be the favors!  V found these jars at Micheal's for $1 each!  Can you believe that?  We cut vinyl cars (same style as on invite, '57 Chevy) from light blue vinyl and stuck them onto the jars, then wrapped each jar with brown and cream ribbon and tied a little die cut tag onto the hinge.  We placed one jar at each place setting and then put a ton of "trail mix" mixing on a table in different jars so that people could make their own trail mix.  I die cut a license plate from my QuicKutz die and printed on the inside of the plate: Thanks for cruis'in by!  Please fill your jar with your favorite mixing's for the road!".  We used the LifeStyle Crafts Party Insert Flags to label the mixings.  I also sprinkled more cut out circles in the same papers on the top of the trail mix tables.  I love the way the different layers of mixings look in the jars and how the car then pops!

{Car Centerpieces with candy bars}
{Happy Family Candy Bar}


And last, but definitely NOT least, here's my next favorite, the candy bars!  We had to think of something to fill the cars with for the centerpieces, so V had the idea of making a license plate candy bar wrapper.  She did 8 different varieties, each with a different saying.  Where the state name would normally be, she put M's last name.  Where your tags would be, she put the due date.  She also did a different saying for each license plate frame, super cute!

We had so much fun!  Hope you get some good ideas!
See you later, I promise you won't have to wait another week for a post!  

2 comments:

  1. Great job with all of the shower items. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m looking for the blue car boxes can you help?

    ReplyDelete