Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 12, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Happy Friday! 

This week has flown by... I cannot believe that it's Friday and that in a little over a week my sweet little boy will be starting preschool.  I'm so excited and scared and nervous and excited... I have a lot of plans for the 3 hours he'll be in school, I'll share more about those later.

And now for my first contest winner!  I only had one entry, but hey, 1 is better than none!  And the winner is:

NAOMI!!!!! (I thought I had your email but I was wrong)

email me at ayokleyjessup@gmail.com and tell me which prize is your 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice!  And, if you're looking for the pennant punch, I know how you can get your hands on it- so email me as soon as you can and start weekend off as a winner!  Yay! 

And here's some samples that I made for Collective Journey's die cutting club using Lifestyle Craft's Tropical Splash release. 


I had this wooden birdhouse laying around that I'd picked up from Target's $1 bin - and then I was looking at the charm leaves and saw a thatched roof in my head...


I took tan paper and glued it to the roof and then cut strips into it so that it'd look like grass, then I die cut a bunch of the charm leaves in solids and patterned paper and glued them down.

I added the cookie cutter flowers from the vine around the entrance to the bird house.  I'm sure it'd be nice to come home to giant flowers every day!  I added rhinestones and dew drops just because I like shiny things, tied some tulle around the base and there you go!  A sweet, simple project!

I also made a wreath using the Tropical Splash release.  I had an old grapevine wreath and was hanging out and so I decided to spray paint him a pretty, soft blue color to make a more vintage, beachy project.

I tore strips of muslin and sprayed them with Glimmer Mist in Creme de Chocolat, then wrapped them around the wreath.  I was going for a weathered, beachy feel.

I then made a large yo-yo and put the die cut shells and flowers and the sand castle on it.  I embellished it with dew drops, which reminded me of bubbles.  The flowers are from the lie, the seashells are a 4x4 die, along with the sand castle.


I used more seashells and flowers and grouped them together on the wreath in 2 other areas.  I used hot glue for this project because I wanted to make sure that everything would stay on and I wanted a quick glue.  I love this wreath, it feels so beachy and pretty to me!  Imagine if you sprayed the clusters of shells and flowers with a GlimmerMist in Marshmallow - so pretty!

I also made a card using the drink umbrella, which I LOVE!

The card is super simple, I used the Simple Stories "100 Days of Summer" line, which had the perfect feel for this release!

I cut out an opening so that my umbrella would stay open when the card was standing up.  I used a toothpick as my umbrella stand.


Here's the open side view, see how cute it is that you can see the open umbrella?  I think this project was my favorite, but the line was so fun to use, it's a hard choice!

I hope that you have a great weekend!  See you next week!
Andrea






1 comment:

  1. I WON, I WON, I WON!
    Thank you so much Andi! I'm super excited! And your Relax umbrella card is super genius and is so cute in person!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete