Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 26, 2011

A-L-M-O-S-T done... but I'm sharing anyways!!!

I made a few layouts 7-8 months ago... I set them aside to add journaling and titles at a later date... and they're still sitting there waiting.  So, instead of keeping them on my desk waiting - sighing - wishing I would share them, I'm just going to share them in their present state!  I'll share a layout a day until I run out of layouts to share!  Okay, let's start off with my favorite!

This 2 page layout (I know, my photography skills are seriously lacking with 2 page spreads) is made from Echo Park's Playgound paper which is super fun and colorful and bright and I love them with my sons bunny pictures!


The banners are hand cut from the paper, the clouds are stickers from their element sheet.

The sun is a great use of scraps.  I punched the circle and cut strips of paper and tore them at different lengths for the rays.

My other favorite part of this layout is that there really isn't that much paper used!  This is a great scrap paper layout!  Lots of strips, different sized circles and embellishments... not much else!  Some day I'll add a title and journaling - something about a sunny bunny boy or something... I'm not sure!  But, someday I will know and it'll be done and the pages will go into his book!  Until then, at least I shared my almost done page from when Adam was 1 year old!  2.5 years ago!

And, onto a different project!  I have a friend, Naomi, who uses/loves LifeStyle Crafts (formerly QK) and she creates amazing projects using her dies... I can think a card that I've loved for years and it has a fence with birds on the fence and a tree.. or maybe the birds are in the tree... anyways, I love it and I love this project that she's sharing with all of us today!

Okay, now, once I got over the sheer amount of times she had to twist the knob to die cut a gazillion lace circles, I focused on "how did she make it stand?" and I wondered "Pop-dots?  A pencil?" so I asked and she answered!

Naomi - "I actually used a chopstick (it's the Asian in me) but I think a dowel will work.  I traced the inside of the largest die on some cardboard and cut that out to use as the base.  I used some old Stampin Up! Christmas paper and cut a few pieces of all the shapes of the Nesting Lace Circle dies.  I think I needed to cut some more of each shape to make the tree look fuller, so I just called that tree my prototype!  I punched the center of each die cut with the crop-o-dile and then started layering the circles.  I glued the die cut to the dowel/chopstick so the piece wouldn't shift, but again, I think if I had cut out more pieces this would have prevented the shifting problem.  I cut out the star and attached it to the top of the stick and used some shimmer spray on the tree and stickles on the star."

Isn't that tree great?  I LOVE it!  I want to make one, but I'm going to have to trick someone into cutting all of the different layers for me!  Thanks, Naomi, for letting me share your great project on the blog!

I hope you all find some inspiration today!
Andrea

1 comment: