Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 11, 2011

Easy Breezey Pumpkin Cookies

Happy Friday!  Last night I was baking goodies for Page's Holiday Cheer Open House... my house was smelling warm and delicious - perfectly fallish!  So, I decided to share the recipe for my super simple pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!

First, you need 1 can of PURE pumpkin, 1 box spice cake and chocolate chips.

Mix your pumpkin and cake mix together.  I mix it for a LONG time, it seems to help it become less dense while you're cooking (thanks for the tip, Amanda!).  And, when I say long, I mean l-o-n-g! While it was mixing, I got up, grabbed my computer from the other room, sat down at the dinning room table and read a few emails, checked a blog or two and then got up and checked my dough.  I would say I mixed it for 5-7 minutes.
Once your cookie dough is mixed, stir in your chocolate chips. 
Spoon your cookie dough onto a cookie sheet (if you use a stone, preheat your stone).  Sprinkle brown sugar on top - when I first made these I didn't have any brown sugar so I left it off.  They were good, but the next time I made them, I added the brown sugar and Sweet Honey Iced Tea!  They were awesome!  The brown sugar made them crunchy and delicious!

Put your cookies in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.  The original recipe has you bake them for 8-9 minutes, but my cookie monsters don't like them super moist so I bake mine for longer.  They're still plenty moist, trust me, but they're a little less doughy... If I were you, I'd just play with the time until you find one that you like!
And that's it!  Remove from your cookie sheet and let cool.  Have a glass or milk nearby and take a bite.  Yum.  The spice from the cake mix and the richness of the chocolate chips are so good together!

Enjoy!

And, if you want to try some of these but don't want to bake, come on down to Page's Saturday and you can steal one from the cookie jar!

Have a great end to your week!  And I hope to see you this weekend!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment