Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pinned Up Mondays!

Hello!

Thanks for visiting with me today!  I appreciate you stopping by!

Hope you all had a great weekend!  I know I did!  I got to do 2 of my favorite things... a little papercrafting at Collective Journey's on Saturday at a Charity Crop with friends and family and a fun lake/boat trip with my family!  It was kind of a spur of the moment trip, which was super fun and a beautiful day!

Okay, so let's get to why you're here today!  Pinned Up Monday!  Today I'm sharing a banner that I made for our Backyard Movie Night.  Here's the Pinspiration...

{Photo courtesy of thetomkatstudio.com via Pinterest}

I love this whole look!  Love how they kept the color scheme in all of their decor...  But, since this was a casual family/friends movie night, I kept myself in check!  I did, however, create a banner based on the banner above.



 I purchased a few sheets of red and white patterned paper from Michael's and used other supplies that I had on hand.  I cut red solid cardstock to be 4" x 6" and matted 3.75" x 5.75" patterned pieces on top.  I punched large 3" scallop circle from solid white paper and glued those to my banner pieces.  I then die cut all of the letters from black solid using my Spotlight font by QuicKutz.  I glued the yellow ribbon to the top so I could hang the banner from our outside wall.  And that was it.  A quick, simple project!

Our Movie Screen...

I used glow in the dark paint in mason jars for the kids... more on that in another post


We had the food table set up on the patio with Nachos, a Popcorn Machine, candy, cupcakes, fresh fruit, pastries, pizza, drinks... there was soo much food left over, it was crazy!  Everyone brought blankets and chairs to be comfy in and we all settled down to watch Tin Tin.


We also had the kids play area over to one side, just in case anyone got bored and needed to play during the movie...

Nothing like an igloo with a motorcycle, dump truck and police paddy wagon in it... oh, and 2 little boys too!

Movie Night = Success!

Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment