Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pinned Up Mondays!

Hello!

Thanks for joining me today! 

I'm sorry for the lack of posts last week, but I'm back this week and with an almost complete project!  Yep, I said it!  A pinspired project that is practically finished!  Remember this?


The last time that I shared the progress, this is what you saw...


I had primed the former dresser turned bench but here's the steps since...


I sanded down the bench because even though I primed it, it was still not smooth.  I'm not sure if I used the wrong type of roller, next time (if there is a next time!), I'll try a foam roller, but it needed to be smoothed out.



After sanding, we used the shop vac and vacuumed all over the bench.  My big helper was happy to vacuum!  I then took a damp, microfiber rag and wiped down the bench.


After sanding the drawers, we used the air compressor and blew off the dust.  I then took the damp rag and wiped down each drawer.  Someday he'll hate the fact that I posted a photo of him with his eyes closed, but I'm just so proud and impressed by his willingness eagerness to help! 



We then set up the paint booth.  This was super pain to do in 102 degrees!  We used plastic sheeting that I had left over from the giant water pillow, and hung sheets of it to the top of the garage that extended to the floor.  We then taped the sheets together at the seams.  This was NOT fun at all!

After that, Alan (best husband ever) used our air compressor and an air paint gun to spray the grey/blue color onto the bench.  I'm sorry that there are no photos of this, but with my and Adam's asthma and allergies, we were hiding in the house!  But, here's the painted bench...



Yay!  It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself!  Next time you see this, it'll be sitting in the house, assembled and with a bench cushion on top! 

See you next Monday for the finished product!
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andi, I took your cake walk class at Collective Journey. You were going to cut me an album cover. I wonder if you could cuT me one more set as I screwed up the extra one I got, and I still need the other cover too. Hope I' m not too confusing

    ReplyDelete