Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to School Party! Invite

Good Morning!

I've been talking a lot of about Lil' A's upcoming school year lately... he's a little anxious.  We've been visiting his NEW school a few times a week to play, ride bikes, explore and he's excited BUT he's also scared.  So, what helps make any occasion fun and less intimidating?  Yep, that's right!  A PARTY!!!


Last week I shared a bunch of fun party ideas on the blog... this week I've been busy trying to recreate some of them!  And you can't have a party without guests... and you can't have guests without invites... so I'm sharing those first!



I used my Silhouette to create this entire invitation!  I purchased several EP School designs from the Silhouette Store and, because I was feeling lazy and time was already creeping by me, I made the invitation printable instead of print and cut... Aren't the images adorable?  They have so many cute ones, a worm, globe, school house, backpack... you name it, they have it!

 
I didn't have enough envelopes on hand for all the invites, but wasn't too concerned because I knew we'd hand deliver most (local ones) and that we'd only need to put 2 or 3 in the mail.  So, I put my thinking cap on and thought that it would be really cute to package the ones we planned to hand delivere in a brown paper lunch sack!
 
 
I ended up folding all the tops over and then had Lil' A punch 2 holes toward the top of the bag (actually, some bags have 2, 4, 5 or 6 holes...) then he stuffed each bag with an invite.  I laced some ribbon through the bags and then Lil' A (with some help) tied a knot in the ribbon to keep the bag closed.  I took some extra black labels I had (cut from my Silhouette), added some white doodles and the recipients name(s)... Adam then stuck on a die cut apple that I'd run through my Xyron and viola!  Fun, cute and delicious invitations!
 
Brown bagging it is so cool retro cool! 
 
Have a great weekend!  And remember, you have 1 more day (Until August 3rd) to enter the Burlap Runner Giveaway - just click here and you'll be taken to that post!
Andrea

1 comment:

  1. Uhm, in the first photo you hide the email...in the second photo you don't...

    ReplyDelete