Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School Party Table Decor! Back to School Week

Hello!

Phew - today's the day that everything gets pulled together!  I love the way the table came together... I still have pieces of the decor up in our dining room - hey, it's school time until Halloween in our house!


Now, I'm not going to lie - I was not ahead of the game with this party.  We passed out/put invites in the mail the Friday before the party, which gave me about 6 days to get everything ready.  And I didn't even really start getting stuff together until the Monday before, so really, I had Monday thru Thursday to prep... and of course, I wanted to do way more than I should've, but this party was just so fun, I couldn't stop!


I started with cream tablecloths that I always use - they were given to use by one of Big A's homeowners and they've gotten a ton of use!  I also cut down some extra orange/cream chevron fabric into runners to run crosswise on the table - I love the extra punch of color they gave!  I used my Alphabet Burlap runner to go down the center of the table.
 
 
I borrowed a ton of old, childrens books from my Mom - I used to think she was crazy for collecting them but boy was I wrong!  Or, if she's crazy, then this crazy apple didn't fall too far from the crazy tree!  I tied the books together with brown bakers twine - thank goodness I have thousands of yards of that stuff!  I hotglued pencils around a mason jar to create a vase for flowers, tied the same brown bakers twine around it and hotglued a fun, school-ish word card to the front.  I couldn't stop there, that would be crazy, so I glued a small, red gingham bow to the side.  Yes, that's exactly what it needed!


I cut stems and leaves from my Silhouette and hot glued them to my red plates - hello apples!  I used fun, dot napkins (again, from the Dollar Tree) which added just a little more cuteness!  I wrote each childs name on a blank name card and laid them on the plate - what kid doesn't like to see their name all over?


The bus goody boxes were filled with erasers, pencils, sharpeners and a little bit of candy.  Each bus was placed right next to the childs place.  I also found apple juice's (Martinelli's) that are in the shape of an apple!  Those were so stinkin cute and I'm already planing what I'll use the discarded plastic containers for!


Big A and I made some paper air planes and hung them with fishing wire from the hanging light fixture over the table.  Big impact, little expense or time!


I know it's a little hard to see, but in the middle of the tables I put a glass bowl full of apples and another mason jar that I glued crayons to.  Every vase (pencil and crayon) was filled with a wildflower assortment for the party.

Phew!  So that's it!  That's our Back to School Party!  It was so much fun, the kids were great, the cost was minimal and I loved every second of it!  I also love that I'll get to use the decor year after year!  Oh, you want to see a picture of Lil' A on his first day of Kindergarten?


Thank goodness we got one before the tears!  Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment