Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Flash Card and Sight Word Banners!!! Back to School Week

Hello!

I'm back... I've taken Adam to school and cried buckets by now.  I was crying yesterday sitting through the "Meet the Teacher" as she was reading "The Kissing Hand"... I was crying in the car as I called my sister (yes, I was hands-free) saying how scared I am to leave my little, sweet, loving boy in such a big, wide open, full place without me... and last night as he was crying in bed, worrying that no one will like him in his class I had to hold back the tears and be positive.  So that's me, positively positive that he'll have an awesome day and I cannot wait to hear about it!

One might call it a "banner" day...

Good lead in?  Or too much?


So, once again, when I was at the Dollar Tree where I spent way to much just enough money on supplies for the party... I fell in love with the 1st Words and Sight Word cards!  They were just so cute!  I loved the fun drawings, childish drawings and all the sweet words and knew that they'd be a cute addition to the party!  I didn't have anything specific in mind at the time but I pretty much used them all over!


I decided to hang the sight words with binder clips - hey, why not?  Binder clips scream school... or tests, depending on how you rolled through your classes.  I rolled that way.  The Binder Clip Way.

I also I sewed the 1st Words and some addition/subtraction flash cards together.  I used almost the whole box of word cards and probably half the box of addition and subtraction - Adam will be doing complex mathematical equations soon thanks to the remaining cards!  It probably took me about 10 minutes to sew this banner and I had so. much. left. over.  Seriously.  Easy, playful and quick!  Yes!


Oh, and the fun 3D Apple rosette guys?  Yes, the Dollar Tree... and my Silhouette.  Have I told you how much I LOVE my Silhouette Cameo?  I love it!  And before you ask, yes, I would marry it - if it looked like my husband!  Anyways, the red and white rosette was actually in a package of hanging Patriotic Decorations that I never used for the 4th and I thought it was the perfect backdrop for the 3D apple from Silhouette - it actually gives you enough apples to make an entire apple, but since I needed 2 halves, I just used half for one rosette and half for the other!


So there you go - fun, easy and playful banners for above the buffet table - or anywhere, really.  Very little effort, time or money goes into these cuties which makes me give them an A+!

Thanks for visiting!  We're almost at the end of the week which means that I'll finally get to share the whole, colorful and fun party!
Have a great one!
Andrea
KPS

No comments:

Post a Comment