I havn't blogged in a while (I kept meaning to, but then I'd have to get my camera, then upload my pictures of projects and, in some instances, take pictures and it just wasn't happening for some reason...) but then I saw this on Trish's blog and thought, "This could be fun..." so here I go. A lot of randomness
|Me and Adam - I was exhausted after this field trip - he was not...|
Food: I love Mexican food, love love love carne asada, pollo asada, tortilla soup, machaca but I also love my Dad's smoked ribs or tri-tip and I LOVE corned beef! And any kind of chocolate!
Color: I love pink... I don't really wear that much of it and I seldom get to put it in our house, but I love it... yellow makes me happy, our blue/grey walls make me feel calm, orange makes me pop... I love all colors... My best friends made fun of me once for wrapping something very "colorfully" - which meant tacky, but now look who deals with color everyday! Oh, I cannot stand purple!
Animals: We have a ton of fish. At one point Adam named them Ringo, Paul, Beatles, Echo, Elmo, Mickey, Yumm, and I think (per his Daddy's suggestion) Food. I don't know which is which, and I bet if we asked Adam today what the fishies names were he'd have a totally different list. I'm in the process of adopting a desert tortoise... awaiting yard inspection. Due to allergies, we can't have pets with fur, which is a bummer.
Dessert: As I mentioned before, I LOVE chocolate in any form! I also love Litehouse Sugar cookies - they're so soft and they always have the best icing:cookie ratio. Oh, and costco cake! Yum! And my grandma's lemon meringue pie - it's amazing and Smore's!
Artists: I honestly like a wide variety... I like artists from Kanye to Lady Antebellum, Journey (who doesn't?) The Black Eyed Peas, CeeLo - America's Top 40... my nephew asked me why I listen to "his" music... Uhhh, hello? I'm not that old!
Pair of Shoes: my new BOB's from sketches - I love them! They're super comfy and adorable! Typically I'm a flip flop girl - since it seldom gets super cold here my flip-flops stay out year long!
Outfit: I like layering... I love dresses, they're just so easy and comfy. I also wear my gray boyfriend cardi EVERYWHERE! I should've bought 10 of them because I'm dreading the day it tears...
Skinny Jeans: Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I have 1 pair of skinny jeans and 1 pair of jean leggin's - both of which I SWORE I'd never own! I'm not a tiny girl (far from) and anything with the word "skinny" to describe it isn't something that I'd normally try but I HAD to so I could wear my boots this past winter...
Brand: Gap, Anthropologie, Banana Republic, Target... Gap fits my body well, Anthro is a dream to have enough $$ to shop there, Banana is for really really really special occasions, Target is a dependable - I know that I can always find something there that'll be cute and not expensive.
Perfume: I'm allergic, like ubber sensitive, so everything that I wear is sans scent...
Accessory: my owl earrings or Adam's birthstone necklace that I got from Alan and Adam on my first Christmas as a mommy. I'm hoping for a Lisa Leonard necklace for Mother's Day...
City: Redlands, which is about 1 hour from Disneyland, the OC, Big Bear, Palm Springs and about 1.5 hours from Los Angeles - it's perfect to raise a family, small but close to everything big!
Hobbies: Crafting, sewing, reading, blog hopping and, lately, antique shopping
Beauty Products: Clinique face soap, make-up and Bumble & Bumble hair products - it's a splurge but soo worth it!
Holiday: Christmas, then Halloween, then Valentines...
Snack: lately, yogurt covered raisins, but typically a "trail mix" called Indulgence (real healthy) or cheese-itz or candy/cookies - whatever is least healthy is what I gravitate towards
Movie: Elf, Love Actually, El Mariachi, Motorcycle Diaries, Funny Girl, Sense and Sensability... again, it's a wide range. I love chick-flicks, but I love certain action movies and Motorcycle Diaries is a feast for your eyes, it's beautiful and you forget that it's in subtitles.
Song: My Life - The Beatles and John Coltrane's C Minor
Guilty Pleasure: Watching horrible reality television (Bravo, anyone?) and eating lunch while Adam's napping... I know that I should be working but smut is always calling me!
Seven things you may or may not know about me:
1. I am still best friends with most of my BFF's from Elementary and Junior High School.
2. I married my high school sweetheart, just not for 8 years after high school :)
3. I have a degree in English: Creative Writing, emphasis: Non-fiction. Yah - it's super useful.
4. I wanted to go into editing or publishing and spend my whole days reading books.
5. I used to HATE peanut butter - now I don't know what I was thinking - Reese's PB Cups are probably my 2nd favorite candy - Cadburry Bars are my first.
6. I cannot stand clowns. I think they're creepy and don't understand the need for them to exist.
7. I will never move, I am very close to my family and cannot imagine a life where they were not a daily/weekly part of it - I live within 20 minutes of the most important people in my life (except my sister and Jenny)
8. I think that I could've been the first female pro baseball player. My father and pretty much everyone who knows me, disagrees, BUT, I'm convinced.
9. My son was the best, most honest miracle that has ever happened in my life.
10. I want to someday be like Martha Stewart (only without the jail time) OR Tim Holtz or Heidi Swapp - I would love to turn my passion into a full-fledged business. People would say "Oh, who's paper is that?" and someone would respond, "It's Andrea".
Okay, that's all for me! If you feel like this was a fun little something, do the same thing on your blog and send me the link - it'd be fun to get to know all the little things that make each other up! So much more interesting than the normal stats!