Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 23, 2012

Pinned Up Monday!

Hello!

Today is Pinned Up Monday!  Yay!  This is, by far, my favorite post day.  I love Pinterest, but more importantly, I love recreating and being inspired by what I see on Pinterest!

Today I'm sharing a sign that I made for Adam's Preschool, the Barton House Playschool, to raffle at their Open House last Friday.  I love his school, love his teachers, the Director, the Office Staff - everyone is just friendly and kind and, most important, they really care about my child.  I saw this print on Pinterest a while ago and it's been in the back of my brain for awhile now...

{courtesy of andiloveyoushesaid.com via Pinterest}

I like the image and the simple saying.  My Mom sang this song to me growing up and I sing it to Adam every nap or bedtime.  I sang it to him while he was in the NICU, trying not to cry while I held his tiny hand.  I've made a few signs with this saying, but they just weren't right... until this one!

  
Instead of having the sun positioned at the bottom, I had it coming from the side.  I used a fun font, hoping this would go in a child's room or play area.  I did want the words to form to the roundness of the sun more, but I'm still very happy with it.

 
I wasn't sure about the yellow on yellow, but I've been wanting to try a monotone look with my signs - I like it, but I might do one with yellow and white and see which one I like the most.  I distressed the edges, which turned out great since there's a white base coat,

I plan to put this sign in my shop today... or tomorrow... very soon!  I love it, I think it'd be pretty sweet in a larger scale too.  So many ideas!  And yes, I used my Silhouette Cameo for this sign!  Love that machine!

See you Wednesday!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment