Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Card Sketch #3!

Hello!  Good Morning!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!  I was supposed to be out of town for a fun "Girls Weekend" with my sister, but the slipped disc in my back decided that this would be the best time for it to act up... sigh.  But, my changed plans mean that I can share more cards with you!  There's always a silver lining!

Okay, so here's the sketch that I based my card on...


Now, when I choose this card from Pinterest, I knew it would be a challenge for me.  There's some sketches that I look at and immediately see a card... this sketch was work for me.  But that's the cool thing about sketches, you can make them work for you!

So, here's my card inspired by the above sketch...


I took the triangle piece of paper and made it into a pennant banner.  I also used my embossing folder on the matted piece of cardstock that is glued to the card base.  I love embossing folders!  They add so much for nothing!



In the sketch there are 2 strips, I decided to I could make one strip (with the scalloped border punch) and tied the twine with the idea that the twine separates the strip and kinda makes it look like 2!



On the sketch, the sentiment is above the top strip on the right, but I decided to make a cluster of objects on the left.  When I have a purpose for the card, I'll either use a rub-on or a stamped sentiment on the cream label piece.

The pinwheel is cut from a Lifestyle QuicKutz die with a toothpick as the stick and a rhinestone in the center, the punch is by Stamp'n Up... the ticket, buttons and dew drops were all purchased from my LSS.

Tomorrow I'll share a recipe, Monday will be Pinned Up Monday and then I'll be back Tuesday with more Sketch Inspired Cards!

Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment