Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tinsel Letters

Good Morning!

Yesterday I shared my USA banner, and I confessed that the letters were a pain in the butt happy challenge, so today I'm going to share the few steps that it took to get me from point A to B.

Here's a reminder of what the banner looked like...

and a close up of the letters...

and an even closer close up!

I have been hoarding saving this wired tinsel for something special.  I have it in red, baby blue, soft pink, white, gold and silver.    Yes, I'm a collector.  Anyways - my Mom used silver accents on her banner so I decided to use gold so that our banners would look different, since I designed the layout of our banners to be identical. 

So, as I said, I went to my stash and found large Basic Grey chipboard letters that I'd been SAVING for just the right time; here's the naked "a"...


and here's the "u" that I tried to paint with gold stickles...


Now, it doesn't look too bad, but I would've had to paint numerous coats on each of the letters and I'm sure that I would've gone through my entire tube of gold stickles on one letter and been irritated that I had to go get more!  So, now, the tinsel...


I do like the way it looks, but since my chipboard letters weren't hug, the tinsel kind of makes it look a little messy.  I think this would be super cool on larger letters, I'll try to remember to do this for other holidays.  The baby pink or baby blue would look very sweet spelling out a new babies name too!

So that's it!  The process. 

And since I'm so into Patriotic projects right now, here's a list of fun looking USA Swag!


Patriotic Sangria by  punchbowl.com

United States Decor by blog.silhouetteamerica.com

Patriotic Goodie bages with Washi Tape by testoccasion.com

Patriotic Wreath (love the denim) by joyeverafter.squarespace.com

American Flag Pallet Art by www.mom4real.com

There's so many more, and I have so many red, white and blue recipes on Pinterest, I would need a whole post just for that!

Have a great day today!  I know I will!
Andrea











No comments:

Post a Comment