Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 11, 2012

Pinned Up Monday - Patriotic Tablescape

Good Morning!

Today is Pinned Up Monday - which is my favorite blogging day!

Today I'm sharing a Patriotic Table scape that I created based on this Pin...
{Photo Courtesy of http://www.etsy.com/shop/bekahjennings via Pinterest}

I totally understand that the point of this photo is the banner, which is cute, but what I loved was the flags in the different vases...

So, on Memorial Day we had my parents, Grandma and Mother-in-Law over for a "Thank You" BBQ- they all helped me so much when I had that HUGE pillow cover order and they help us all the time with Adam and whatever we need, so this BBQ was a long time coming!

Alan and I have really been trying to cut back on spending.  My first thought was to go buy a few flower bouquets, put them in jars and call it good.  Then Alan challenged me to use just what I had on hand in the house... and this is what I did...

I grabbed 2 off-white cloth table clothes that I had and covered the tables.  I made a "table runner" by grabbing  Christmas place mats, turning them over so you can't see the snowman and overlapping them..

I grabbed some Coke crates that my Mother-in-law had gotten me and turned them upside down.  I found some American Flags that I had (I usually line the drive way on Memorial Day and the 4th of July with these) and put them in Mason Jars that were filled with decorative marbles.

I put 3 flags in 3 different mason jars and then grabbed 2 more mason jars, filled them with bird seed and added some battery powered votive...  I tied red bakers twine around the top to give it a little more color...




We have red plates, so I put those on the table, wrapped our utensils in red and white paper napkins and tied them with twine. 


I used mason jars with lids and straws for the drinks - I had these from my Sister-in-laws Bridal Shower and have been waiting for an opportunity to use them again!  Being outside, I figured this would help keep the bugs away from our drinks!

That's it!  A festive table scape that would be great for any Patriotic Holiday!

Have a great Monday!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment