Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 18, 2012

Pinned Up Monday!

Hello!

Happy Monday!  Today is Pinned up Monday - yay! - which is where I share a project, craft, kid activity or recipe that I found from Pinterest! 

To be honest, I kinda feel like my life is a Pinned Up Every Day!  I've started using Pinterest instead of cook books and websites to find recipes, I search it for activities that Adam and I can do to pass time while doing something different and educational... Alan and I have been talking about redoing Adam's room for his 5th Birthday (not any time soon!) and I've started a board dedicated to that!  Anyways - Pinterest is a great source if you have the time to use it!

Okay, so today I'm sharing a yummy and easy recipe that I found on Pinterest...  I had defrosted pork chops and needed a yummy recipe, so I just searched "pork chops" and, of course, went with one claiming to be the worlds best pork chop recipe...

{Photo and recipe courtesy of The Hub}

The Best Pork Chop You Will Ever Taste

Here is one of the best pork chop recipes I have ever tasted. Once you taste these pork chops I think you will agree that they are the best pork chop you will ever eat. Pork Chops have always been one of my favorite foods but when I tasted these mouth watering pork chops I was hooked.

One thing I go for when cooking is the flavor. And the flavor of these pork chops is so wonderful. You want to use a package of dry Italian Seasoning. And purchase fresh grated Parmesan cheese from the deli section of your supermarkets deli. Or purchase a small piece of Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself.

You will want a large baking pan to cook these pork chops on and I would suggest that you line it with tinfoil for ease of clean up. You will want to use large loin cut pork chops for the best flavor. Now you will want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

For Your Pork Chop Recipe You Will Need.
1. Ranch Dressing In A Bottle.
2. 3 Cups Fine Dry Italian Bread Crumbs.
3. 1 Small Package Dry Italian Dressing Mix.
4. 2 Tablespoons Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese.
5. 1 Tablespoon Dry Powdered Garlic.
6. 6 Large Loin Pork Chops.

You will want to mix ingredients 2 - 5 in a large bowl and mix together very well. Now pour a layer of ranch dressing out into a plate. Take one pork chop at a time and coat it on the plate with ranch dressing and then put the pork chop with the ranch dressing on it into the large bowl with the bread crumbs and coat it well on all sides. Add more ranch dressing to the plate if you need to.

Have your tin foil lined baking pan setting there ready. Spray the tinfoil with vegetable cooking spray. Place your breaded pork chops onto the tinfoil covered pan and once you have all your pork chops on the pan place it into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the thick part of your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. As soon as your pork chops are done remove from the pan and serve as soon as possible.

And I really believe that once you taste these pork chops you will agree that they are truly the best pork chops you will ever eat.

Okay, so here's my experience with it... I used a rack to cook my chops on - I was reading that the pork chops would be soggy if I put them on the tin foil... so I didn't.

Here's the recipe changes I made...

I used thin chops because that's what I had on hand.

I used shake-on Parmesan cheese.  Yep, I admit it.  I used that stuff that you shake onto pizza that you question if it's actually cheese.  It's all I had on hand.

Instead of Dried Powdered Garlic, I used garlic salt because... yes, you guessed it - it's what I had.

It took longer than I anticipated to cook my chops - I cut the time down since I was using thin chops, but it still took about 38 minutes. 

I also rinsed my chops because that's what Rhee Drummon (Pioneer Woman) does, and I want to be like her.

Review:
The pork chops were good.  I liked the taste of the ranch dressing, it was different than the normal egg wash.  I'm not sure if I'd say there were the best chops I'd ever tasted, but I'd use the recipe again.  Next time I'll try the thick cut and see what kind of difference that makes. 

That's it for me today!  I'll see you Wednesday!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment