Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hamburger Mini...

Good Morning!

Today I'm sharing a fun and whimsical mini-album that I created for Page's From the Heart's QK Club...

Last month, Life Style Craft released a very fun group of QuicKutz Dies.  One could call them "silly", they'll definitely give you a good "roar" of laughter... you might even get "carried away" with them... Okay, that's enough puns!  Here's some of the release...

{Animals Die}
{Concession Dies}
{Hot Air Balloon Die}
{Pennant Die}
{Tent Die}


I also had the Hamburger Die from a previous release...


I'd been wanting to use if since I got my gluey little hands on it and I was standing at my work station looking at all of the dies together when an idea took root...

I was thinking of the circus and trying to think of circus sayings, etc. when I thought of the Ring Leader saying "Step right in!" and I thought, "Maybe I can make the hamburger die into something you would "step into" - and I went to work cutting and playing with my idea and came up with this...

The hamburger box is the base of my diorama, which I die cut and created first.  I created it the same way I used to create my shoe box diorama's in elementary school.  I cut my tent first and mounted it onto a scallop circle from the Nesting Circles (part of the Core Line) with dimensional tape.  I really wanted this to have lots of depth and dimension so I used a lot of dimensional tape.


To make my tent pop up - I simply folded part of the scallop circle and glued the folded flap to the top of the hamburger box.

I cut my pennants and hung them so that they were connected to the tent, then to the pennant pole back side, then glued the ftont pennant to the fronts of both poles but had one pole further in front of the other - they're not even on the hamburger box.


I cut the different label dies that came with the hamburger box and bent those in half and glued the flap to the box so they're stand up.  I die cut the letters "Step On In" - didn't have enough room for "right" - and glued them onto the different labels.



Next, I turned the hamburger box into an album.  I punched holes in the back of the box and laced 2 binder clips through the holes...


I measured the base of the box and cut white cardstock to be pages that were the same size.


The pages needed a little something, so I die cut the Concession Dies and put different shapes on each of the pages...

{Popcorn}
{Pinwheel}
{Cotton Candy}

I added little dots on the pennants and different parts of the tent with Viva Pearl Pens - which added a lot for very little work!  I also decorated the front flap of the Hamburger box with some scrap pieces of paper because it looked a little naked.

And that's it - a fun, different and very silly Hamburger Box Mini-Album.  This would be great for a Circus, Amusement park or Carnival outing!

I'll see you Monday with my Pinned Up post!  Have a great weekend... and remember, thinking outside the hamburger box can be fun!
Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment