Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 23, 2011

Step to the right... and clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Has anyone else ever done that line dance?  Whenever I think of a "step card", the dance tune and lyrics spring to my head!  Anyways - I saw this sketch for a card on Sketch Support and immediately saw a little different design in my head!

Here's my take on the card... umm, can you tell that I have a little boy??

I used my Silhouette for the buildings.  I really loved this shape from Silhouette, you could cut the outline of the buildings from a solid, then it gave you the option to cut the actual buildings from different paper!  I used Basic Grey's Wander paper, which worked out great because of the double sides!  The trucks are from Sassafras Felties.


I debated about putting the sentiment on a cloud, popping up from the top of the sun, next to the sun but then decided to stamp Happy Birthday on the inside.  This also lays flat, it would fit into an A2 envelope IF I hadn't over hung the sun off the top of the card.

I just have to say, that when my little 3 year old saw this card sitting on the table after I'd completed it, he stood and looked at it for a good 5 minutes and then told me that it was a beautiful "thingy" and he then said "Ohh, thank you so much for making it!  I love it, Mama!".  I'll probably just leave it up in the playroom since he likes looking at it so much!  You could use this same side step for any number of themes, the skies the limit!

I found the tutorial for the side step card here.  Please check it out!  Also, Michelle did an awesome tutorial on the Pages Blog today, or you can always admire all of her creativity on her blog.  Hope you're feeling inspired today!

Andrea

1 comment: