Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Page's Design Team Reveal

Hello!

Today I'm sharing my project from Page's March assignment. 

I had October Afternoon's Farm House Line, which I love!  If you remember, I primarily used Farm House for my 1 Sketch, 6 Cards set... I think it's such a versatile line, it's easy to use and play with and so pretty with the typical OA colors and vintage feel!

Tray Shadow Box
Supplies:
October Afternoon Farm House Her Bureau
October Afternoon Farm House Attic Trunk
October Afternoon Farm House Words Stickers
Wilton Cake Doily
Inksentials Crackle Glaze
Buttons
Dew Drops
Twine
EK Success Scallop Border Punch
Bazzil Cardstock
Pearl Ribbon
Tulle
Old Book Pages
Fiskars Heart Punch
Sewing Machine


I found this cardboard tray in the $1 Aisle at Target and loved the pattern - I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I knew that I could figure out something!




I started off with covering the bottom, inside of the tray with patterned paper.  I wasn't sure if I was going to leave this as a tray, but I started covering the sides with strips of border punched paper and ended up turning the tray into a shadow box. 

I started treating the shadow box as I would a page layout.  I started layering papers and stickers and did a lot of hand cutting from the Her Bureau sheet.

I also used a lot of dimensional tape to add height to the layout and keep it interesting.



I put crackle glass on the handcut key and Pride and Prejudice Book.  I added sparkly tulle behind the book for some extra pazzaz. 


And my final embellishment was this cute, sewn heart garland.  I draped it across the top of the box and a little down the sides.


And, of course, the cutest embellishment in the shadow is Little Miss Stella! 

Well, that's it for me today!  I hope this project makes you rethink how you can use a supply, like the tray, and create something that you want to display in your home!

I'll post the heart garland tutorial tomorrow, so check back in!
Have a great day!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment