Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2012

Pinned Up Mondays

Good Morning,

Well, today is my Pinterest inspired project day!  Yay!  And my project is , quite literally, about pins!

Here was my inspiration...

{Photo courtesy of From makeit-loveit.com via Pinterest.com}

Aren't those SO pretty?  I love the idea of using a mason jar that you can store your sewing supplies in with a pin cushion on top...

So I made this for part of my Page's DT projects...


It was pretty simple, but I would do it a little, errr... a lot different.  I was trying to see which method would work best for the pincushion top, so I ended up cutting a circle from canvas fabric and then stuffing it with pillow fiber.  I then hot glued it to the inside of the rim of the lid.  I then glued on the top so that the stuffing didn't come out into the mason jar.  Next time I'll make it smaller and I'll sew the circle... so it doesn't look like such a huge bulbous mass on top!



From there I just started decorating the jar with scrap paper from OA's Farmhouse collection.  I also used a strip of burlap, since canvas and burlap seem to fit perfectly with the Farmhouse line!

I used the Word Stickers and punched paper to decorate the jar.  I added a little bit of ribbon and a button to give the jar a little umph.  And that was it!  I'm hoping to fill it with some sewing supplies and give it to a friend as a little "Thank You".

I'll be back Wednesday with more projects to share!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment