Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Foodie Week - Memorial Weekend Treat

Hello!

I don't know what it is, but as soon as Memorial Weekend came into focus, I knew that I wanted to make a strawberry rhubarb desert... I don't know if it's the berries, the sweet and tart mixed or the bright pinky-red color that screams "Summer!" to me, but I do know that it's a must this weekend!

I didn't get this recipe from Pinterest, it's actually from my Aunt Di (holla Aunt Di!), who's great at absolutely everything that she does!  She'll deny this, but it's true.  She's sweet, funny, smart, charming, crafty, organized, an awesome chef, an even awesomer (yes, that's a word today) gardener, and an overall beautiful person in every way.  If Mr. Darcy knew her, he'd say that she's practically perfect in every way *sigh, Mr. Darcy* - okay, so here's the Rubi-Berry Cobbler...


Aunt Di's Rubi-Berry Cobbler
(3 qt. casserole dish)

Ingredients:



Filling:
1 Cup Sugar
4 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
16 oz Frozen Sweetened Strawberries *make sure they say sweetened on the container*
4 1/2 Cup Chopped Rhubarb

Crumble:
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (I used pecans, but it's your call)

Directions:

Heat over to 350 degrees.

In a 3 qt. dish, combine sugar and flour. 

Add frozen berries and cook in oven for 4 minutes.

Take out of oven and stir berries, which should be melted now.
Add rhubarb and mix with berry mixture.
Set aside.

Now melt your butter and stir in remaining ingredients until mixture is nice and crumbly.
Sprinkle crumb topping onto strawberry/rhubarb mixture...
Looking good...

Now put your cobbler into the oven for 10 minutes... your house will start smelling good immediately...  After the 10 minutes, take your cobbler out of the oven and let cool.  This is good stuff here...

Now dig in - if you have vanilla ice cream, put a scoop next to the cobbler.  Enjoy a taste of summer!

I can't really give this recipe a review - but if I did... it would be all 10's!!!

Thank,s Aunt Di for always sharing your knowledge!  You make me look good!

See you back here tomorrow for a yummy dip!  And since I've had so much fun with food week, I'm extending it just a little!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment