Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mom's the Word

Good Morning!

I don't know about everyone else, but I really really really look forward to Mother's Day.  I think it's because I didn't really know if I'd get to be a Mommy, and then when we were blessed and Adam was born, we were so scared and nervous about his health, that every day of being a Mommy felt like I was walking a very shaky tight rope.  I like the idea of Mother's Day, not for the gifts or anything like that, but for the fact that I am lucky enough to be a Mommy and have this extraordinary little boy in my life that is part me and part my amazing husband... oh, and not having to do dishes is a perk as well!

I'm also lucky enough to be surrounded by amazing, wonderful, selfless women in my family who showed me what it was to be a Mommy.  I like to let them know what they mean to me, how important they are and how inspiring they are.  My Mom always tells me that I don't need to get her anything, that she's fine, blah blah blah, but this year I really wanted to do something amazing for her, something that was totally and completely her.  So, my husband and I made her this...


We took different pieces of china tea cups and saucers and made her a lamp.  It's right up her alley, I was banking on her liking it and I'm pretty sure, by her squeal of delight, that she did!




And, even tho I already shared the Flower Brooch that I made, I wanted to share the different tags that I made to go with them.  I used the same sketch, it's one that is always in my head, for all of them, but just used different paper to give them a different look.  I made 6 tags, 2 of each set of paper... take a look.



I made 2 of these, one with the crown sticker and the other with a bee sticker - they turned out pretty cute... then I made these...



I like this one because, while it's pretty busy, it's cute.  I used a corner punch by EK to create my chevron leaves for the flower.  I have another idea along the same lines... maybe I'll get to try it and share it next week?

And my last set of tags...


This tag is my favorite.  I love the burlap star and I used a star punch to punch the orange and white paper star to sit in the center.  I created the banner from the same star punch - I punched the star from the patterned paper, then cut off all of the ends and those turned into my banner.  Pretty easy, huh? 

That's it for me today, I hope that everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, either being celebrated or celebrating someone else!  I'll see you next week - since this week was all about Mommy's and Teachers, next week will be all about the kiddo's!

Happy Friday!
Andrea

 

No comments:

Post a Comment